William A. Gallina, Attorney
Attorney William A. Gallina is the founder and partner in the Law Office of William A. Gallina, PLLC, a personal injury law firm representing victims of automobile accidents, medical malpractice, and serious injuries in the Bronx, throughout New York City, and surrounding suburban areas. Mr. Gallina brings together a formal education in both mechanical engineering and the law combined with decades of experience trying personal injury cases. His education and experience forms a unique combination of legal and technical skill that achieves winning results in complicated cases, from car wrecks to construction site accidents.
Born and raised in the Bronx, Bill Gallina has deep roots in the community, and is committed to the advancement of the legal profession in his hometown. Mr. Gallina serves on the committee for the Selection of Judicial Hearing Officers, as well as the Disciplinary Committee for the New York State Supreme Court Appellate Division, First Department. He is also a former member of the Indigent Defense Organization Oversight Committee (IDOOC) for the Appellate Division, First Department. In addition to his prominent memberships on legal committees, Mr. Gallina volunteers his time as a member of the Board of Directors of the Alumni Association at St. John's University.
J.D., St. John's University (1967)
B.S.M.E., Fairleigh Dickinson University (1962)
New York State Courts
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
U.S. Supreme Court
New York State Bar Association
American Bar Association
New York State Trial Lawyers Association (Officer and Director)
- Past Member of the Departmental Disciplinary Committee of the First Judicial Department
- Past Member of the Indigent Defense Oversight Committee - Appellate Division, First Department
- Member of the Judicial Hearing Officer Selection Advisory Committee for the First Department
- Recognized by The National Committee for Employer Support of the National Guard & Reserve as Patriotic Employer
- Member of the Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission for the Twelfth Judicial District
- Appointed Chairman of the Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission for the Twelfth Judicial District
- Appointed Member of Committee on Character and Fitness of Applicants for Admission as Attorneys and Counselors-at-Law for the First Department
- Member of New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Past Vice President of New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Present Trustee and Member of Board of Directors of New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of Board of Director Alumni Association of St. John’s University Law School
- Member of New York State Bar Association
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member of American Association for Justice
Verdicts & Settlements*
Below are some representative verdicts and settlements obtained by personal injury lawyer William A. Gallina on behalf of clients in the Bronx and throughout New York City:
- A jury verdict awarded Annie F. $2.1 million against the City of New York after sustaining injuries from slipping on old ice that was left unmaintained and hidden underneath freshly fallen snow.
- A Bronx man received a $1 million plus settlement after slipping and falling on ice, which injured his back and required surgery.
- A jury verdict awarded Juan M. $2.8 million after a defective product caused serious and debilitating injuries.
- A jury verdict awarded a lady $280,000 after she tripped and fell and sustained a severely fractured nose due to a misleveled roadway.
*Past results do not guarantee future outcomes.
For more information on William A. Gallina, contact the Law Office of William A. Gallina at 718-892-0400 or request a free consultation.