Pablo A. Sosa, Accident Attorney
Pablo A. Sosa, Trial Attorney
Pablo A. Sosa was admitted to practice in the state of New York in 1996, spending the first five years of his legal career as a civil defense attorney, first for an insurance company and then in private practice, defending insureds against negligence, medical malpractice, and all types of accident claims. Mr. Sosa moved to the plaintiff’s side of the table in January 2001 when he joined the Law Office of William A. Gallina. Since then, he has focused on securing fair and reasonable compensation for the victims of negligence-caused accidents. Mr. Sosa tries many of the firm’s cases, and has secured million dollar verdicts on multiple occasions. A native of Argentina, Mr. Sosa speaks fluent Spanish. He helps the firm's Spanish-speaking clients build a winning case by preparing and communicating with them in their primary language.
Mr. Sosa is admitted to the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and all New York State Courts. He is a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the Bronx County Bar Association. He also serves on the Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission for the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division First Department, Twelfth Judicial District.
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law (1995)
B.A., Skidmore College (1992)
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
New York State Courts
New York State Bar Association
Bronx County Bar Association
Member of the Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission for the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division First Department, Twelfth Judicial District
Verdicts & Settlements*
Below are some representative verdicts and settlements obtained by Pablo A. Sosa while at the Law Office of William A. Gallina, PLLC on behalf of clients in the Bronx and throughout New York City:
Construction & Labor Accidents
- 28-year-old experienced HVAC mechanic secured a $750,000 settlement after a construction accident in which protective eyewear was not issued. His injuries resulted in blindness in one eye, surgery, and loss of past and future wages.
- A sloping sidewalk should have had a railing, and a New York Police officer fell as a result of this negligence. A jury verdict awarded him $3,967,266.
- A jury verdict awarded Julio A., a security guard, $1,033,760 from the Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Authority after negligence caused him to slip when exiting a bus onto an icy street.
- A jury verdict awarded a 49-year-old health care attendant $1,249,000 from the City of New York for a fractured ankle that resulted in surgery and the use of a cane after falling due to a broken section of sidewalk.
- A food deliveryman slipped and fell while descending a greasy staircase as he attempted to deliver a hand truck full of produce. He injured his lower back, which necessitated surgery. He settled before trial for $1,150,000.
- Tenant claimed that her building’s landlord ignored a leaky ceiling. The leak caused her to fall and injure her knee. A jury verdict awarded her $425,000.
- A jury verdict awarded a 67-year-old woman $800,000 to compensate her for hip injuries sustained from a fall on a snow-mounded walkway.
- A 73-year-old woman sustained a leg injury from a fall due to a torn and frayed lobby rug in her elderly resident apartment building. She received $800,000 from the South Bronx Community Corp., Housing Development Fund.
- A 52-year-old female postal worker received $275,000 to compensate her for injuries sustained to her back, knee, and shoulder when she fell as a result of an ignored, recurrent leak.
- A 49-year old woman in the Bronx received a $975,000 settlement during trial as a result of being sexually assaulted in a building that previously exhibited a pattern of negligent security.
- Apartment building tenant suffered injuries to her left foot, which failed to heal after a fall from a neglected stairwell’s broken concrete. A jury verdict awarded her $153,869.60.
- A jury verdict awarded Earl E., age 79, $663,364 from the City of New York to compensate him for a leg injury after he slipped on an icy sidewalk overpass.
- Pedestrian settled during trial for $200,000 for knee injuries sustained from a fall on a city street due to negligent street maintenance.
- 71-year-old woman, a bakery worker, sustained a fractured hip while retrieving her mail due to the negligent condition of her lobby. She received a $240,000 settlement during trial to compensate for her injuries.
- The estate of an 81-year-old woman received a $108,000 settlement during trial from the City of New York to compensate for a left elbow bone fracture which required surgery after tripping and falling due to a missing drain grate.
- A jury verdict awarded a 27-year-old man $150,000 for injuries he sustained from falling on a slippery step in an unlit staircase.
- 31-year-old woman, unemployed, received an $183,500 settlement during trial after she fell over a cracked and broken sidewalk, resulting in a fracture to her left ankle that required physical therapy and surgery.
- 65-year-old retiree received a $125,000 settlement during trial from the City of New York for injuries she sustained after slipping and falling on old ice under new snow on a public walkway.
- A 9-year-old girl was struck by a sports utility vehicle, causing an ankle fracture that could lead to arthritis. A jury verdict awarded her $403,723.
- A jury verdict awarded a 73-year-old pedestrian $25,000 in compensation for knee injuries sustained after being hit by a car.
- A jury verdict awarded a 32-year-old paramedic $450,000 to compensate for neck injuries sustained from a collision while stopped in a parking lot.
- A 27-year-old teacher and his wife received a $75,000 settlement during trial to compensate for back injuries sustained when their stopped vehicle was hit from behind on a parkway.
- A jury verdict awarded $376,590 to a young girl from the City of New York’s Administration for Children’s Services after an untreated ear infection, which occurred when she was an 8-year-old ward of the system, led to permanent hearing damage.
- A 46-year-old Bronx man recovered a settlement of $1,750,000 after a portion of his hand was severed due to a defective meat packing machine.
*Past results do not guarantee future outcomes.
For more information on personal injury lawyer, Pablo A. Sosa, contact the Law Office of William A. Gallina at 718-892-0400 or request a free consultation.